Friday, November 13, 2009

Suicide

Have been thinking about suicide for a long time. Heard the president of the country on several platforms making mention of it as something that is plaguing us. So I started many months ago putting together thoughts on why. Emotions can run riot, I tell you. I have been arguing with my spirit and with God's Law. Then run, jump and bang as a nation we were catapulted to confront this ugly reality. And trust me the "whys" are never answered. Just pure heartache. Yep I have contemplated self-destruction when life got really "hard" and it seems that your circle of acquaintances just cant seem to provide answers... this week when I read of the German footballer walking into the path of an express train...O my God!!! I also saw several trains hurtling pass but didnt make the fatal leap. And I'm here to tell you why. Yes WHY. The answer is RELIGION...and the religion is Islam. So even though I slipped and slid and I fell...it wasnt onto tracks or rocks...but into the safety net of God's Love. So all these years later was it worth it to live? And the unequivocal answer is YES. Why? Has life gotten easier, better, more comforting, wealthier. Haha. NOOOO. For between two sorrows is a small interval of pleasure and this seesaw in life continues endlessly.
So here is the brochure. Please save someone by kind words.
http://www.zamals.com/index_htm_files/Suicide.pdf
May God help us all to not lose faith for suffering, yes SUFFERING, carries us to a loftier height of realization, shattering the myth that life is merely mundane.

No comments: