Saturday, November 14, 2009

Accidental Meeting...

Today I was exhausted from all the intricacies of human associations. Crawled into bed and before you know it...I was asleep. Ok only for an hour but it was deep. The exhaustion...A Muslim and I were discussing kids growing up in this world which is unlike the worlds of yesteryear. Then along comes this woman to purchase something from him. Saw her khimar and I said Salaam. And this led me on an unexpected journey. The discussion sprinted along at breathtaking pace. So much was covered in such a short space of time that it almost left me breathless. She said she views Islamic Documentaries...but what I found out was that one of my brochures convinced her to don the khimar. What crossed my mind was you know this woman has been reading the Quran and attending lectures and the like but the "conviction" didnt dawn upon her. But that brochure acted as the catalyst to move her to don the headwear. So the reality is that powerful "words" do exercise magic upon one's reasoning. Why then dont the religious leaders recognize this and upgrade their oratory khutbah skills. People are hungry for brilliant explanations of the Quran. Yes, the Quran is amazing...BUT the Jeffrey Langs, Karen Armstrongs, Endos...open up the linguistic mysteries with their insightful writings. And the writers dont have to be Muslim for you to see the Quranic light. She was all praise for my work and thanking me...no maam, I'm nothing...if you only knew...Of the dark night that is my soul. Sometimes, your life is destroyed because you are honest; you try in vain to find the meaning of life. How difficult it often is to live a life so passionately. May Allah bless you Za, in your search...for its only in searching that you truly arrive...at the gates of Jannah. Don't ever give up Za...I speak to you, as much as I desperately plead to my own soul. Love you baby.

No comments: