Sunday, November 8, 2009

An Exchange

I just charged them for work done...a standard business transaction. And then their amazement with the way they were helped and all the explanations as to why their computer and software were (mis)behaving...they came with an envelope and put it into my hands. I glanced inside and said please this is not necessary....I have charged you already. But they insisted I take the envelope with the money. I pleaded that a "thank you" was just good enough. Za, the ability to go beyond the "job" at hand...the late nights, early hours of the morning, in helping people is what "true" religion is. With smiles. The ultimate rewards are with Allah. Shall I tell you that which is the best, better than the pillars of the faith, the Prophet (p) asked? Treat people well...make peace, don't be harsh in dealing with them. Do business with truth, trust and integrity. Avoid at ALL times harshness and encompass GOODWILL. Doing business with goodwill (no matter the amount of money involved) is the best form of worship. May Allah help you to set the highest standards...God's.

No comments: