Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The 18th Night

Well it had to end...good things cannot continue forever or they lose their sheen, their sparkle. Those lovely cloudless nights with the moon and star stunningly placed there by the Hands of God. Your eyes mesmerized by their beauty. And truly the street lights, the lights in the houses were as nothing in comparison. So tonight the clouds were back...the bright star dimly showing...and as I rode from the "mosque" my eyes scanned the eastern skies for the moon...and then I spotted it...low and covered with clouds...and one just have to glorify the artistry of God. "There are many Signs in the heavens and the earth; yet they pass them by and pay no heed to them." Wow! What an ayah!!! Then I settled in front of my monitor to digest a video of a doctor who converted to Islam. Lifted my deflated "religious spirits." Conversion stories are sometimes used as goody-feely kinda thing. But this story had some interesting parts and the fact that the doctor had written a few books meant he was "deep" and articulate enough to drive home points. Then I read one story of an ex-Muslim who reconverted back to Muslim. This was also powerful as the depth of his research in Christianity was sound. Two extremely heavy duty pieces for a "fragile" Muslim to rethink his position. Za, my baby, you do know what daddy means by "fragile." You to whom I have revealed so much at your tender age. I know there are questions, big questions, swirling in your mind...but as time permits I will set the answers down so that you can appreciate how life unfolded. Have no regrets my son...just place your full TRUST in God. It's all I ask. Love, kisses and the biggest hug for you.

No comments: