Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Her Glow!!!

I was drawn to her. What beauty! Her face like a full moon. My God!!! Oh...it was the full moon. The sky tonight was clear, one such that you are magnetically pulled into its velvety darkness. I stopped with Za to let him see the moonbeams reflecting in the canal. He smiled...and I did too...for two reasons. I was enjoying the splendour and I was introducing Za to the magic of nature. He will, as God wills, see many more of these and he must learn to appreciate its beauty. To know what it does to the soul as the eyes, which are the gateway to the inner world, gazes upon the outer world bathed in such celestial glory. I dropped him home whispering over and over again how beautiful the golden orb was. And as I rode eastwards my eyes were trapped...amazing I kept muttering...how stunningly amazing. Why were all the people I passed engrossed in their crude lives faces creased with worry staring earthwards when the heavens beckoned with pure joy. Why were the people engaged in cursing, drinking, grotesque laughter...when the silent skies were putting on a show unmatched in any theater. Oh I have my worries too...hanging like a heavy chain around my neck...pulling my head earthwards...but I broke free tonight dazzled by God's spectacle. As I turned into the quiet streets of Queenstown and the moon seemed to dance thru the trees I could only moan and groan with pleasure at such a sight. And then eastwards again into her golden charms...I stopped at the head of Vlissengen road to drink in her splendour...where my eyes ranged freely through the still, pure air and fondly traced out the restful contours of the moon apparently built for eternity...and all around me people sped on in their cars, buses, jeeps oblivious to the magic of tonight. I fell in love...again...for even though I have seen her unveiled like this hundreds of times I have never tire of gazing unabashedly at her naked beauty. Arriving home I stepped into the artificial lights and it seemed as if I moved from a lighted night sky decorated with a golden moon and studded with twinkling stars... and stepped into darkness.

No comments: