Thursday, July 30, 2009

One Call

After Thursday's night Islamic Documentaries (Hijab: An Act of Faith) the phone rang. The caller wanted to know how often this program is shown and when. So I told her we're into the 4th year and it's on every Thursday from 7-8 p.m. Asked her what caused her to call and she said the guy (Baba Ali) with his marriage advice. Yeah he's seriously "funny." Anyhow I asked her of what religious persuasion was she and it was Hinduism. And your age? 19. And extremely well spoken too. She said "Hey, I will watch next week...and will get my mom to sit with me too." haha. So we chatted a while about the history of the program and its effect on persons of all faiths. Yep. All faiths have shown their appreciation...just think about it...an Islamic program that manages to open friendly dialogue with persons of other religions. These out-of-the-blues calls (hundreds over the years) have been the stimulant that keeps this program going. Hey thanks a lot to this caller and the hundreds over the time-span of ID. May God bless you all...and can I add "me" in there too!!! hahaha

No comments: