Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Quran: Say words that are the BEST

My dear son...this is for you (as this whole blog is dedicated to you so that you can "know" your dad is some small way). This piece is about receiving an email from a client...appreciating the way I conduct business. And this I must say: stay true to those words from God: "Say words that are the BEST." (17:53) Do not be arrogant or irrational and never let your words sound hollow. Be true to your heart ALWAYS. Even when you're insulted...the Prophets were and their dependence on God saw them through. And it was tough for them as it is for us. So here's that email:
Hello Shamal,
Greetings and thank you for your quick response.
It was sure great meeting you and your brother.
The 14 August,09 has been etched into my memory.
You are a gentleman and a very objective character. Do pass on those values to your kids. You should try teaching ...you'll do well. I knew your Dad ...truly he was a wonderful man. A darling to talk with.
He was the first to display fabrics for sale based on their color, textures and design in Guyana. You can never guess what goes with what when you turn up at his stand. He made me laugh a lot...a big smile and heart.
You are from good stock...guess I am not the first to say this to you.
I like you a lot and felt comfortable talking with you and your brother.
Well....you sure impressed me... Will I do business with you Yes ! Yes !! Yes !!!
Do let me know if the new stock is in.
I am mostly available on week ends.
Stay good,
Ms. Lee

My dear son, these comments can be repeated thousands of times...just this week the Russian diplomats were so impressed by my dealings (business ease) that they said on leaving Guyana they will let the new diplomats do business with us.

Now this is being put here not as a boast...just for letting you know (all children would love to see a diary from their parents). Just think about how those sweet words about your grandfather made me feel. Read over and over again, my son, the words of Prophet Yaqub to his sons. Strive for the BEST in everything...especially your words.

No comments: