Friday, August 21, 2009

Three "Christians"

Sitting taking in the sunset and just enjoying the tranquility of the evening and in my out-of-body experience contemplating God's magnificence everywhere. Snapped out of my reverie by a pamphlet waving Christian...so took it and very quietly asked him if he believed in God. Oh, of course he said. Haha I love the way this question always elicit this "positive" spiritual outburst. And as I "denied" God he, I guess, wanted to show me the light. So our light religious tit-for tat led to me inviting him into the office and showing him my literature. He accepted some of them, as I then switched gears and spoke about God. He even wanted some of my unfinished brochures. No, I said. Let me finish them. The seed does not spring up in a moment into the towering tree; and neither does religion, which compared to a seed, produce at once its richest fruits. We shook hands and parted with smiles.
A lady Jehovah Witness. They are so similar...in their smiling "harshness." I accepted from their outstretched hands their magazines. But always with the same robotic sameness they refuse to accept anything back. I asked her seeing that she represented Jesus, if he was standing where she was, would he refuse arrogantly my offering. She said I have truth and nothing else matters. I told her that her "Certainty" of truth is the reason for all the religious wars that has left the heavens tear-stained.
And finally within 24 hours another "Christian." He came for the Quran. Said he believed in God but not in the dogmas of the Church. Said he was reading about the struggle between God and Satan in the Quran at a friend's house (the friend is Christian) and they sent him to me to get his own copy. Obviously we shared ideas and this was the most stimulating of the three. And yep he took the brochures that I picked for him. All 3 conversations had value but this one was more shall we say "conversational." The other two was like a spiritual tennis match with ideas being paddled back and forth.
And not so long ago I entertained 3 pastors at different times in the office. The conversations were bubbling with hope.
Then they detect my crisis of faith and wonder why...the truth is "believers" and their insults have left me drained and if I were not impressed by the Quranic language of the boldest metaphors that I have encountered I would have left the "faith of the insulters." So my crisis of faith is due to volcanic minds/tongues heaping derogatory terms upon me and not due to the ideology of the faith, its Book, its Author and its Messenger.
May they be accepted into God's favour; and me well His judgment of what I have done will be the fairest of all. To that I submit.

No comments: