Friday, February 27, 2009

Shadows

So off we went hand in hand, my son and I for a walk to the seawall. And he is a little chatterbox. In the evening our shadows stretched very long. And then out of the blue he said this poem about shadows. And I looked at him in amazement for it was a pretty long poem and extremely lovely. And then I started to laugh, a hearty laugh. A child can bring so much joy to a dad whose heart feels heavy as lead. As we walked along the wall and the sun dipped in the West behind some clouds it left a glittering silvery edge to the clouds. Za pointed excitedly to them and said "Daddy Look how nice that is" and he also made mention of the shapes in the sky. Nature is gorgeous and to see a child, my child, excited by it made me feel a sense of wonder. Yes it was a beautiful evening on the beach as the tide was in and Za tried to "catch" little fishes as they were left on the beach by the incoming waves. Haha how he made my soul sing with joy.

No comments: